Holistic Solutions for Public Safety
In interdisciplinary project teams, we develop technologies for early hazard detection and population warning in the public and private sectors, as well as for networking control center and crisis management systems. National and European research projects also provide the framework for creating the technological basis for new security solutions for users from security organizations and the private sector. In doing so, we take into account the latest approaches and solutions, e.g. from cryptology, artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G, and collaborate across Fraunhofer and interdisciplinary with internationally renowned scientists as well as users.
In the safety lab, the results are demonstrated realistically together with renowned industry partners and evaluated from various points of view: organizational, technical, legal and sociological. In moderated tours, this vivid demonstration space creates opportunities for professional exchange and paves the way for technologies to be put into practical use.
Research & Development
- Concepts for networked security solutions
- Solutions for integrated and networked emergency response control centers
- Hazard prevention systems for emergency forces, the population and industry
- Concepts and demonstrators for the mobilization of citizens in hazard prevention
- Concepts for barrier-free warning
- New technologies in the area of situation-related hazard prevention processes
- Linking of sensors and actuators in emergency response processes
- Flexible space-time event processing for the detection of complex hazards
- Ontology and knowledge management for European security research