Research and Development
Fraunhofer FOKUS conducts in bilateral,national and international projects applied research in the field of Information-and Communications Technology.
A key area of the work of FOKUS consists in the conception and implementation of research and development projects of any size. The cooperation is carried out project oriented or on the basis of long term cooperation contracts. The focus is a requirement- and, if possible or necessary, standard-oriented solution development within the research topics of FOKUS.
Furthermore FOKUS is closely engaged in the research programs of the European Commission and the national funding bodies. On the basis of the broad technology and application knowledge as well as the activities in numerous standardization committees, FOKUS is a highly sought-after partner in consortiums.
- Development of communication and information technologies, components, services and solutions in the areas of mobility, public safety, administration, media, energy, healthcare and industrial automation
- Integration and interconnection of systems in these areas
- Quality assurance and certification of these systems
- Implementation, demonstration, piloting and evaluation of systems and solutions
- Adaptation of proprietary interfaces and systems for industrial, national and international standards
- Methods and tool development for these systems and solutions and accompanying processes
Consulting and Training
The autonomy from interests driven by manufacturers and politics combined with a broad technology and application knowledge characterizes FOKUS as a consulting partner in all process steps.
- Conception of research and development projects, research programs and their implementation or monitoring
- Feasibility studies in the setting up of new and conversion of existing communication infrastructures, services and applications
- Technology, process and tool reviews for the application in practice and trend development
- Moderating consultancy in decisive phases
- Project management and quality assurance in large-scale projects
- Technology-, product- and application-oriented training