Fraunhofer-Institut FOKUS Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31 10589 Berlin
We connect everything
The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems conducts research in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) in Berlin. Approximately 490 people from 33 countries work here on the topic of digital networking. They come mainly from the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, engineering, mathematics and social sciences. Fraunhofer FOKUS is one of the largest ICT institutes of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
What's special about it:
- We work in an application-oriented manner, i.e. closely with our customers and partners from administration, industry, politics and research. We see ourselves as a supplier and technology-independent intermediary and have a large network.
- In our six business units, we conduct research both in industry-specific areas ranging from administration, mobility and media to public safety and health, and in interdisciplinary technology for the communications networks of the future and to improve software quality.
- Our research contributes to technological progress for the benefit of society in Germany and Europe; for example, the disaster warning system KATWARN, the indoor navigation everGuide, technologies for hybrid concerts or the data management platform piveau for the public sector.
Change starts with us
Whether you want to join us for your apprenticeship or during your studies, do your doctorate while working independently on projects or contribute your valuable professional experience - at Fraunhofer FOKUS you will find the right start, and numerous opportunities to shape your career with us.
We are looking for qualified, curious and committed employees who will work with us to develop solutions for the communication systems of the future. In addition to scientific employees, we are occasionally looking for reinforcements for our administrative, communications and IT infrastructure teams.
Why Fraunhofer FOKUS?
- scientific excellence
- versatile projects with socially relevant topics
- close contacts to industry and public clients
- a scientific network
- opportunities for internships in our business units and, in cooperation with partner universities, supervision of bachelor's and master's theses as well as doctoral dissertations.
Diversity is a core value of our institute. We welcome people of all backgrounds, genders, and generations, are committed to LGBTQIA+ friendliness, and encourage interdisciplinary collaboration. Our goal is to create an open and inclusive environment where all feel welcome and work together as equals.
We are committed to equal opportunity through various programs, points of contact, days of action, and a work-life balance.
Our institute brings together people from 33 nations who together are shaping the digital future.
For us, this goes without saying:
- room for independent work and creative participation
- a modern and internationally oriented working environment
- personal development opportunities through a wide range of further training measures
- flexible working hour models as well as possibilities of mobile working
- vacation entitlement of 30 days, annual special payment in accordance with TVöD Bund and company pension scheme (VBL)
- support in balancing family and career, e.g. through a co-child office and cooperation with pme Familienservice and voiio
- barrier-free building with car and bicycle garage
- subsidization of the public transport company ticket
- public transport connection in front of the door