Interdisciplinary Research for Healthcare
In our research, we take a holistic approach that considers system applications along the entire healthcare information chain – from service providers and cost bearers to patients. The aim is to ensure that medical data can be exchanged quickly, securely and in line with requirements between the people and medical facilities involved in the treatment process. We are particularly concerned with the design and development of secure and interoperable information and communication systems for medical care. In doing so, solutions from different research fields are compiled and integrated. The research team has extensive know-how in the construction and migration of IT infrastructures as well as system architectures.
When setting up telemedical assistance systems – e.g. for therapy support with the help of telemedicine and telerehabilitation – we also ensure the integration of IT-based services into clinical and medical workflows. To do this, we look at all aspects of medical, health economic, political and technical requirements. All in all, this improves efficiency in the healthcare system and, ultimately, “healthcare performance”.
Research & Development
- Interoperability and standards
- Semantic services, ontologies, knowledge networks
- Consulting for medical device development according to Medical Device Law
- Data protection and information security for networked medicine
- IT security solutions (for healthcare) with focus on identity and authorization management
- Development of prototypes, e.g. IT-based cooperation platforms for regional health networks