Broadcast Probing System
Cloud-based monitoring of DVB-T/T2 networks
Digital service broadcast suffers from misconfigurations at the source and dynamically changing signal propagation conditions. The lack of feedback leads to undisclosed service degradation and decreased experience. Our Broadcast Probing System offers cloud-based continuous near real-time monitoring of broadcast networks by utilizing massively distributed low-cost probes. Controlled either individually or in groups the probes are securely instructed to execute scheduled jobs like scanning, tuning and transport stream inspection. The collected spatiotemporal data links RF characteristics and stream quality, multiplexed tables (e.g. AIT/HbbTV, EIT/EPG) and AV dumps to allow for live analysis, evaluation and integration into monitoring environments.
To stay updated on the latest developments of Broadcast Probing System and news of Fraunhofer FOKUS FAME, please subscribe to our newsletter.
BPS at IFA 2016
Interview with Alexander Futasz
Features and Assets
- Feedback channel for DVB-T/T2 networks to detect potential misconfigurations and service degradation
- Near real-time monitoring of digital service broadcasts (RF level, TS level, AV level, ETSI TR 101 290)
- Remote control of individual and groups of low-cost probes (Android, Raspberry Pi)
- Execution of scheduled probing jobs and secure instant access (PKI, TLS)
- Analysis and evaluation on live and historical linked data (JSON-LD)
- Integrates with existing monitoring systems and offers a comprehensive API (SNMP, MQTT, REST/HTTPS)