Dipl.-Inform. M.Sc.Marc-Florian Wendland is a scientist at the Business Unit SQC
Education & Career
Marc-Florian Wendland studied media informatics and subsequently computer engineering at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences (formerly: TFH Berlin). His diploma thesis "Information Integration in Heterogeneously Distributed Databases" was awarded the coveted Joachim Tiburtius Prize for the best diploma thesis in Berlin in 2008. For more than ten years, he has worked as a research associate at the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, focusing on the optimization of quality assurance processes in complex, software-intensive systems. He has been responsible for the development of strategies, solutions and prototypes in numerous national and international research and industry projects in a wide range of industries. His specialization is the automation of test design and execution. He has worked on the incorporation of abstraction for the purpose of automation, such as is the case with model-based and keyword-driven testing.
Ever since he started working at the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, Marc-Florian Wendland has been involved in various standardization activities. Since 2010, he has been leading the UML Testing Profile (UTP) working group at the OMG. In addition, he is involved in the standardization work around the modeling languages UML and SysML. At ETSI, he was instrumental in the publication of the test modeling language Test Description Language (TDL). Briefly, Marc-Florian Wendland was also deputy head of the Software Testing Berlin/Brandenburg expert group. Since 2019, Marc-Florian Wendland has been a member of the German Testing Board (GTB) and is active there as deputy working group leader for the training programs "Test Automation Developer" (ATE) and "Acceptance Testing" (AccT).
In addition to his industry-related research activities at the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS and standardization and committee work, Marc-Florian Wendland is also active as a freelance trainer for the various ISTQB Certified Tester training courses.
Standardization working groups
- Chair of the UML Testing Profile (UTP) 1.1 Revision Task Force (RTF) at OMG
- Member of Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF) Finalization Task Force (FTF) at OMG
- Chair of the UML Testing Profile (UTP) 1.2 Revision Task Force (RTF) at OMG
- Member of Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF) 1.1 Revision Task Force (FTF) at OM
- Member of Test Interchange Format (TestIF) Finalization Task Force (FTF) at OMG
- Member of UML 2.5 Finalization Task Force (FTF) at OMG
- Member of the SIGMBT at iSQI for the development of a new qualification certification schema and syllabus.
- Organization Committee member of 3rd Model-Based Testing in Pratice Workshop (MOTIP) 2010, Paris, France.
- Organization Committee member of 4th Model-Based Testing in Pratice Workshop (MOTIP) 2012, Dallas, USA.
- Organization Committee member of 1st ETSI Model-Based Testing User Conference (MBTUC) 2011, Berlin, Germany.
- REuse and Migration of legacy applications to Interoperable Cloud Services (REMICS), EU FP7, 2010 - 2013
- Model and Inference Driven - Automated testing of Services architectures (MIDAS), EU FP7, 2012 – 2015
- Validation-driven design for component-based architectures (VERDE), ITEA2, 2009 – 2012
- UML Testing Profile 1.2 Revision (UTP RTF) bei der OMG (Chair), 2011 - 2012
- Model-Based Testing with UML@Telekom (MUT), industrial project, 2010 – 2011
- UML Testing Profile 1.1 Revision (UTP RTF) bei der OMG (Chair), 2010 – 2011
- Risk-oriented Testing of embedded, safety-critical Systems (ROTESS), FhG Challenge-Projekt, 2009 – 2011
- MODELling solution for comPLEX software systems (Modelplex), EU-project, finished 2010
- RTE Space project, funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), industrial project, finished 2008