Scientist and project manager R & D at the Business Unit FAME
- Interactive Content and TV applications
- Content Guides and Metadata Management
- Streaming and Service Control
- Privacy Aware Networking
- HbbTV and Rich Media Platforms
- 360° Video Delivery and Interaction
- Media services over 5G networks
Christian Fuhrhop received his diploma in computer science from the Technical University Berlin in 1987. From 1988 to 1992 he worked as a scientist at Fraunhofer, an activity to which he returned, after working in a start-up company for three years, in 1996.
At Fraunhofer he has participated in several EU-founded projects, such as IMMP, NexTV, ICE-CREAM, mCDN, Content4All, ethnoArc, SAMBA, webinos, GlobalITV, UCN and Producer. He participated in TV Anytime standardization and has been active in industry projects related to TV based applications, from MHP and Ginga to HbbTV implementations. He has coordinated MPAT project and is currently leading the personalization WP in the Hyper360 project.