June 01, 2010 to Mar. 01, 2013
TEstbed for Future Internet Services
TEFIS is a large-scale integrating project addressing the FP7 work programme objective ICT-2009.1.6: Experimental Facilities. It started in June 2010 and will run for 30 month including 12 partners.
One of the main challenges of Future Internet research is to address the surge in complexity that service and network developers are facing. Building on top of the on-going actions to support large-scale experimentation for Future Internet protocols, TEFIS brings evaluation processes one step further. TEFIS provides an open platform to support experimentations at large-scale of resource demanding Internet services in conjunction with upcoming Future Internet networking technologies and user-oriented living labs. It will act as a single access point to a variety of existing and next generation of experimental facilities.TEFIS will provide:
- An open platform to integrate and use heterogeneous testbeds based on a connectors model, and exposed as a classical service.
- Integration of 8 complementary experimental facilities, including network and software testing facilities, and user oriented living labs.
- A platform to share expertise and best practices.
- Core services for flexible management of experimental data and underlying testbeds resources during the experiment workflow.
- A single access point to testbeds instrumented with a large number of tools to support the users throughout the whole experiment lifecycle (compilation, integration, deployment, dimensioning, user evaluation, monitoring, etc.) and allow them to work together by sharing expertise.
High level view on the TEFIS architectureA specific action is foreseen via an Open Call to engage new experimentations and to gradually expand TEFIS.
Combining the efforts of the software and service industry, the FIRE community and the user-centric Living Labs, TEFIS will foster research and business communities in collaboratively elaborating knowledge about the provisioning of Future Internet services.
Fraunhofer FOKUS will be focused on the global system architecture of the TEFIS system and its impact on the TEFIS portal. Furthermore, FOKUS will carry out an assessment of the Teagle portal with respect to TEFIS requirements, architecture, and TEFIS portal. The portal shall be developed in line with the FIRESTATION architecture board guidelines seeking cooperation between all FIRE projects. FOKUS is leading the TEFIS portal development.TEFIS partners:
THALES Services SAS
Engineering Ingeneria Informatica S.p.A.
Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique
Fundação de Apoio à Universidade de São Paulo
Lulea University of Technology – Centre for Distance-spanning Technology
Shanghai Development Center of Computer Software Technology
Software Quality System S.A.