Philipp Lämmel (M.Sc.) is a Scientist at the Competence Center SQC.
Education & Career
Philipp Lämmel holds a master's degree (M.Sc.) for computer science from the FU Berlin. He is currently working for the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS where he is involved in several industrial and research projects as a senior researcher and project manager. His main research areas include the design, specification, implementation and evaluation of open platforms in urban environments thereby covering aspects such as stakeholder management, requirements engineering, software design, quality assurance, and DevOps. He is also active in the areas of DLT/blockchain, IT security, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, e-health, and cloud computing and contributes actively to standardization activities in the area of Smart City (see Activities & Memberships).
In addition, Philipp Lämmel has been a project manager in large-scale European projects, and is regularly involved in the context of technical project management, reporting and acquisition of projects on both national and European level.
- WindNODE - Usage of blockchain in the field of smart cities
- Consulting for German and European cities in the field of smart city technologies, open urban platforms and ICT reference architectures for sustainable city development
- Organisation of workshops, where relevant smart city issues are being present to partners from the industry as well as representatives from cities
- Study/consulting on "Blockchain in International Trade and Supply Chains" for European institutions
- "Morgenstadt" - Smart city network at Fraunhofer
- Open Cities - European project with a focus on technological infrastructures for smart cities
- GeMo – Collaborative eMobilty
- OGDD – Open Government Data Deutschland
- GovData.DE – A platform for open administrative data in Germany
- Daten.berlin.de – Open data platform for the city of Berlin
- Netzdaten-berlin.de – Open energy data in Berlin
- European Innovation Partnership Smart Cities and Communities (EIP SCC) – regular participant, involved in the works within the WS2 ICT Reference Architecture
- "Urbane Datenräume" – Study, concept and definition of a urban data space for the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- H2020 Triangulum - Definition of an ICT reference architecture for smart cities