The members of the Advisory Board promote bonds between the Institute and its partners from industry, science and public administration. They act in an advisory capacity to the Institute's director on strategic matters. The Advisory Board of Fraunhofer FOKUS consists of the following representatives of science, industry and politics:
Dr. Klaus Zehner (chairman, from January 1, 2018)
- Prof. Dr. Christine Ahrend, Technical University Berlin
- Dr. Heinrich Arnold, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Stephan Goericke, International Software Quality Institute GmbH
- Stefan Herrlich, LANCOM Systems GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Lutz Heuser, Urban Software Institute GmbH & Co. KG
- Winfried Holz, ATOS Germany
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kellerer, Technical University Munich
- Bernd Kowalski, Federal Office for Information Security (BSI)
- Dr. Ulf Lange, Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Thomas Langkabel, Microsoft Germany GmbH
- Bernd Lietzau, Senate Administration for Business, Technology and Research, Berlin
- Dr. Lothar Mackert, IBM Germany GmbH
- Hans-Jürgen Mäurer, DEKRA Automobil GmbH
- Torsten Merke, Siemens AG/ Verband für Sicherheit in der Wirtschaft Berlin/ Brandenburg e. V.
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Mössner, University of Surrey
- Claudia Rathfux, Stromnetz Berlin GmbH
- Dr. Alexander Tettenborn, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Dr. Gitta Vischer, GASAG Berliner Gaswerke AG
- Claus Wechselmann, ÖPP Germany AG
- Dr. Klaus Zehner, SV SparkassenVersicherung Holding AG
A long term member of the board of the Fraunhofer FOKUS, Prof. Dr. Dres. h. c. Arnold Picot unexpectedly passed away on 9th July 2017.
Apart from his numerous positions and functions, amongst other things on the advisory board of the Fraunhofer ICT Group, at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, at the Leibnitz University Hannover, at the Münchner Kries, at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, at the German Academy of Science and Engineering – acatech-, in various panels of experts of both state and federal ministries, as member and chairman of supervisory and advisory boards of many companies and trusts, he was a member of the advisory board of the Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems since 01.01.2003.
For over 14 years, he was an important and respected advisor to the institute.