A significant aspect of utilizing AI methods for media is to analyze media usage. A few exemplary stakeholders and use cases that benefit from our solutions are described in the following:
- Content providers: broadcasters and/or publishers, for example, are required to be well-informed about their audiences in order to select appropriate advertisements or optimize the content curation.
- Operators want to understand whether their services work well and if undesired behavior is shown under specific conditions.
- Service providers evaluate user flows in order to optimize the service’s appearance and design.
- Educational staff analyzes the learning activities of students in order to adapt lectures and media offerings to the learners’ needs.
- Smart Audience Measurements
Standard broadcast measurement solutions satisfy the demand for digital and real-time solutions in order to measure linear broadcasting on an international level. This solution gathers and compares key performance indicators with those of Over-the-Top (OTT) and digital distribution methods. All tracking data is available in real-time and accessible via the web-based HbbTV Research Toolkit. Additionally, an HbbTV-based overlay app can be used to monitor the channel’s live performance within the broadcaster’s linear TV program. The Research Toolkit offers customizable visualizations for live and historical data, report templates, automated reports.
Social Network Analysis
Fraunhofer FOKUS introduces an approach that analyzes texts from third party service providers, such as social networks and website reviews. This approach enriches the content and user data of recommender systems, thus allowing optimized personalization. To go beyond the scope of direct user input from social media networks (like Facebook), where users can like, share or rate items, the system analyzes opinions (in terms of sentiments), extracted keywords and preferences in the social community.