Cloud-based ICT Platforms and Virtualized Networks for flexible Ecosystem enablement within Smart Cities
Welcome to FFF14, the fifth edition of the successful FFF series. We hope again to bring more than 250 people from all over the world together here in Berlin, Germany. Following our tradition of bringing together international technology experts as an independent leading research organization attendees will learn in these two highly interactive days filled with tutorials, workshops, technology demonstrations, and a high caliber conference about:
- How is Mobile Broadband evolving into 5G?
- What role will Satellite and Professional Networks play in LTE and 5G networks?
- What will 5G be covering and when will we see prototypes?
- Is there a future of IMS be sites VoLTE?
- Is there any future for RCS?
- Will WebRTC be the SIP of the Future?
- What are the first experiences with virtualized network elements and platforms, such as vIMS and vEPC?
- What are the expected cost savings of virtualized control and service platforms?
- What are the real benefits and limitations of OpenFlow?
- How soon will browsers replace specific application clients?
- What is the status in Cloud-based Service Delivery Platforms?
- What differentiates M2M from H2H communications?
- What is the status quo of the Internet of Things (IoT) and what role play M2M standards and platforms?
- Which M2M / IoT applications are most important in a Smart City?
- Big Pipes for Big Data? - What are the impacts of Big Data onto Mobile Broadband?
- How do IoT/M2M and Big Data relate?
- What is the status Quo in H2H and M2M platform integration?
- What is the impact of SDN and Cloud-SDPs on vendor and operator strategies?
- How do operators benefit from SDN and Cloud-SDPs?
- Which new value chains and ecosystems will arise in Smart Cities?
- What is the status quo of current OTT vs. operator partner programs / openAPIs?
- Which role play SMEs within Smart Cities?
- Where and how to use Smart City Technologies and Testbeds?
- Are Smart Cities globally facing the same challenges?
- Which regions of the world are more advanced in Smart City building?
Words from the Chair
The international FOKUS FUSECO FORUM (FFF) series represents a follow-up to the famous international FOKUS IMS Workshop series held from 2004 to 2009, which discussed Next Generation Network (NGN) technologies and emerging multimedia services enabled by the IP Multimedia System (IMS). However, within the FFF series IMS technology represents just one important control platform for human-to-human multimedia communications, such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Rich Communication Services (RCS), within the overall converging telecommunication and Internet infrastructure. Thus we started in 2010 to consider increasingly more the impacts of alternative control and service delivery platform technologies and new emerging application domains inspired by internet technologies, which will be delivered seamlessly via different wireless broadband networks onto smartphones, tablet PCs, and other emerging mobile internet devices. In the last years we also have witnessed the rising notion of the Future Internet (FI) as a container for advances in the fields of Internet of Services (IoS), Internet of Things (IoT) and Network of the Future (NoF), and since 2011 it has become clear, that “Smart City ICT Infrastructures and Applications” represent the show case for these Future Internet technologies merging human to human and machine to machine communications.