What is it about?
FAMIUM DASH is a fully standard-compliant DASH end-to-end solution. It also supports cutting-edge features on content creation side. These are complimented by the various features included in the HTML5-based FAMIUM player, which enables a wide range of use cases. With DASH, clients can seamlessly adapt to media representations (e.g. in terms of resolution, codec or bitrate) that best fit the user's device and network connection.
Not only does FAMIUM provide content delivery in the highest quality available for a given network – faster start-up times for media playback can also be expected.
FAMIUM Transcoder & Segmenter
Providing Common Encryption (CENC) in ISO Base Media File Format, it encodes and encrypts each media segment individually and in compliance with different DRMs. The media data is encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Every common media source can serve as input of the FAMIUM Transcoder, including live media stream (RTSP/RTMP).
- MPEG-DASH (ISO/IEC 23009)
- Common Encryption (ISO/IEC 23001-7)
- DASH profiles: ISO BMFF Live/On-Demand Profile
- HbbTV 1.5 (HbbTV ISOBMFF Live) and 2.0 (DVB-DASH)
- UHD with HEVC, VP9
Supported features & technologies:
- Adaptive 360° video streaming
- Dynamic ad-insertion
- Multi-screen media synchronization
- Metrics/Analytics using server and network assisted DASH (SAND): ISO/IEC 23009-5
- Client-side conversion of Smooth Streaming, HLS