The 5G Playground: Be part of the 5G Evolution
The 5G Playground a common R&D ground where researchers and engineers around the world are able to build together the future 5G environment. 5G playground was designed to enable innovative product prototyping in realistic, comprehensive environments, calibration and benchmarking and interoperability between new prototypes and products.
5G Playground enables the deployment of testbeds for proof-of concept as well as for performance, security and reliability evaluations into the different network areas. For addressing the highly diverse requirements coming from the different verticals of the 5G domain, 5G Playground features a set of customized functions as basis for different dedicated slices for:
- Localized services and multimedia for automotive
- Low delay and reliability for wireless industrial communication
- High availability for critical infrastructures
- Security and privacy for dedicated networks
- Usage of satellite networks for backhauling
5G playground encompasses a comprehensive, highly customizable and re-configurable network environment, based on commercially available components and the Fraunhofer own toolkits:
- Open5GCore representing a new scalable, low delay and highly reconfigurable approach to core networks
- OpenSDNCore addressing backhaul related features,
- Open Baton addressing NFV orchestration and
- Open5GMTC addressing the connectivity of a multitude of devices
The 5G Playground was designed to be easy replicated at customer premises.