Business Unit DPS
Business Unit for e-government and public IT
The Business Unit Digital Public Services (DPS) at the Fraunhofer-Institute FOKUS bundles all activities around the areas of e-government and public IT.
Under Digital Public Services we recognize networks, infrastructures and platforms as well as applications and business processes, as services in the public administration and generated for it (e-government). Furthermore, amongst them are also information technologies in the public space which by virtue of their overall social relevance, receive special attention under the responsibility of the State (public IT). The latter perspective will as usual be promoted by the Federal Ministry of the Interior and researched and implemented by the think tank ÖFIT under the new roof of the Business Unit Digital Public Services. Within the scope of the Business Unit, the eGovernment-Lab which has been running successfully over ten years will continue to be a neutral platform for cooperation and bring together players from industry and administration.
The digitization in the public space is molded by an ever increasing networking of administration, policy, citizens and businesses. Fraunhofer FOKUS accommodates this development with the Business Unit Digital Public Services. The Business Unit supports government, administration and industry in the strategic implementation of interoperable and secure information and communication solutions in the public space and in public administration.
The Business Unit is led by Jens Klessmann und Jan Ziesing.
Key issues of the Business Unit Digital Public Services are:
- Process- and knowledge-based e-government
- Designing information technology for the public space
- Infrastructures and applications
- Services and data platforms such as cloud computing
- Open data and open government
- Secure identities and cybersecurity
- E-administration with e-file and mobile government
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Development of concepts and architecture-consulting
- System development and pilot testing
- Trend analysis, expertise, white papers and fact sheets on digital and sociopolitical themes
- Tendering assistance and quality assurance
- Interoperability and standardization