FAME at Medientage 2015
HbbTV Application Toolkit
Creating HbbTV apps made easy
- Fast and easy creation of programme-related HbbTV applications
- Provides a set of App templates tailored to the TV screen
- Content can be added via an easy to use web interface
- Supports HbbTV app developers by offering templates and modules like interactive video and photo gallery, text, menus, social media and companion screen support
Broadcast Probing System
Cloud-based monitoring of DVB-T/T2 networks
Our Broadcast Probing System offers cloud-based continuous near real-time monitoring of broadcast networks by utilizing massively distributed low-cost probes. Controlled either individually or in groups the probes are securely instructed to execute scheduled jobs like scanning, tuning and transport stream inspection. The collected spatiotemporal data links RF characteristics and stream quality (e.g. Signal levels, TS packet errors), multiplexed tables (e.g. AIT/HbbTV, EIT/EPG) and AV dumps to allow for live analysis, evaluation and integration into monitoring environments
Features and assets:
- Feedback channel for DVB-T/T2 networks to detect potential misconfigurations and service degradation
- Remote control of individual and groups of low-cost probes (Android, Raspberry Pi)
- Execution of scheduled probing jobs and secure instant access (PKI, TLS)
- Analysis and evaluation on live and historical linked data (JSON-LD)
- Integrates with existing monitoring systems and offers a comprehensive API (SNMP, MQTT, REST/HTTPS).
360° Video Playout for HbbTV
Ad-Insertion solutions for HbbTV 2.0, OTT and HTML5
The Fraunhofer FOKUS Ad-Insertion Tools demonstrate standards-based dynamic ad-insertion techniques for HbbTV 2.0 and Over-the-Top delivery (OTT) via MPEG DASH and HTML5.
The solution allows for hybrid playout of Ad cue messages to both, broadcast and broadband world and supports conversion of SCTE35 to HbbTV and MPEG DASH specific events for ad signaling,
VAST and various ad types like display and video ads.