HbbTV Application Toolkit
Creating HbbTV apps made easy
- Fast and easy creation of programme-related HbbTV applications
- Provides a set of App templates tailored to the TV screen
- Content can be added via an easy to use web interface
- Supports HbbTV app developers by offering templates and modules like interactive video and photo gallery, text, menus, social media and companion screen support
Open Content Decryption Module
PlayReady-compliant CDM for HTML5 content protection
The Open Content Decryption Module (OCDM) is a Content Decryption Module (CDM) compliant to W3C Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) specification to be used with HTML5 based browser environments. OCDM source code is now available on GitHub.
The Open Source Content Decryption Module has been developed by Fraunhofer FOKUS with the aim to be suitable and interoperable for as many systems and providers as possible. The code is accessible for everyone on GitHub.
It is intended for OEMs, DRM providers, system integrators and browser vendors looking to enable playback of premium video content via EME. The CDMi itself contains most CDM logic and is a c++ wrapper for the embedded platform DRM. This implementation offers interoperable HTML5 based protected video delivery, DRM interoperability based on Common Encryption (CENC) and MPEG-DASH support.
- Interoperable HTML5-based content protected video delivery
- EME-compatible Open Source CDM
- Compliance with CDMi specification
- Compatible with Microsoft PlayReady
- Integration with Chromium/Blink
Ad-Insertion solutions for HbbTV 2.0, OTT and HTML5
The Fraunhofer FOKUS Ad-Insertion Tools demonstrate standards-based
dynamic ad-insertion techniques for HbbTV 2.0 and Over-the-Top delivery
(OTT) via MPEG DASH and HTML5.
The solution allows for hybrid playout of Ad cue messages to both, broadcast and broadband world and supports conversion of SCTE35 to HbbTV and MPEG DASH specific events for ad signaling,
VAST and various ad types like display and video ads.