Developing and executing conformance and interoperability tests in wireless and wired environments
The Conformance and Interoperability Test Lab is a laboratory for the development and execution of tests in wireless and wired environments. The functionality of the systems to be tested, their performance and the functional security are all the focus of the laboratory during the assessment of the conformance and interoperability with respect to relevant standards.
In most cases, the test methods of the ETSI and the ITU for telecommunication technologies and of the IEEE and the ISTQB for software-based systems are used. In addition, application-specific test methods like those of AUTOSAR, IHE International or the OMG are supported. Based on its own, efficient tools for model-based testing, for test automation and for test documentation, the laboratory can implement these test methods efficiently.
Because test processes and tests do not only have to be designed but also have to be applied precisely to the systems being tested, the laboratory follows the concept of supporting industry partners from the design to the realization on test devices and during the execution of tests. The tools are often application-specific, so that different tools are used for test management and the test automation in the laboratory.
Compliance with interfaces, protocols and services is very important for the sustainable integration and networking of systems and system components across different versions and configurations. Particularly in the realms of testing and ensuring the technical and semantic conformance and interoperability, automated test methods have proven themselves, thus supporting an objective, transparent and understandable testing of the interfaces, protocols and services.
The introduction of standardized test methods, technologies and systems allows for the efficient handling of test personnel and tools as well as a sensible transfer, exchange and re-use of test solutions. For this purpose, test objectives are identified during the test development,test architecture are specified, the desired behaviors of the interfaces, protocols and services are defined, test suites are specified and their test cases identified or generated. The results are objective tests that are automated through specialized test languages or that are directly realized on dedicated test systems or through script languages.
- Partner of relevant standardization committees like ETSI, ITU, OMG, AUTOSAR, OMA, etc.
- Design, development or generation of test suites
Development and execution of tests based on Internet, UMTS, LTE, Bus, SOA and others technologie
- Consulting regarding the specification, development and testing of automated test processes
- Demonstration of modern technologies for test automation and for model-based testing
- Demonstration of test solutions
- Design and development of test solutions
- Specification of conformance, interoperability, security and performance tests for communication interfaces, protocols and services
- Execution of tests
- Support at test events
- establishment of systematic, automated and/or model-based test processes
- migration from conventional quality control to model-based methods
- introduction of new test methods and tools
- concrete design, specification, automation and analysis of tests