Fraunhofer FOKUS has been researching solutions for the intelligent city of tomorrow in collaboration with partners from business and government for several years. The different projects provide demonstrative examples that are based on the expertise of the Institute in the area of information and communication technologies for smart cities.
The Smart Cities and Communities Lab specializes in information and communication technologies for smart cities. The Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems offers independent research and development services for manufacturers, providers, administration and institutions of urban management. We develop application-oriented and interdisciplinary solutions in line with studies, projects, pilots or workshops.
- Consulting on the development of ICT-based solutions in urban areas
- Integration of systems in urban areas
- Conceptualization of technical and organizational implementation
- Support for standardization
- Requirement and organizational analyses
- Interviews and studies
- Customization of solutions to individual needs
- Demonstration and presentation of ICT-based solutions
- Further development of the reference scenarios
- Workshops and training in regards to the application of the reference scenarios
- White papers, publications and presentations