The Future of Edge Computing
November 13th, 2018, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Berlin, Germany
Since the 1960's we have observed paradigm shifts in the context of distributed computing from mainframes to client-server models and back to centralized cloud approaches. The next development will include the distribution of intelligence back to the topological edge of the network, including functionalities on nebulous systems within the Internet of Things (IoT).
At the Edge Computing Forum the latest technological advancements in the areas of Edge Intelligence, Edge Computing, Fog Computing and autonomous Cyber-physical Systems will be presented alongside best practices and experiences gained from recent testbeds and trials. Leading experts from standards-developing organizations, innovators, first movers and, early adopters present their newest achievements and discuss open issues.
Major focus areas include:
- Scientific Perspective on State-of-Play of Edge Computing Research
- Real-time Edge Connectivity & Communication
- Edge Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security
- Edge Computing Platforms, Edge Cloud Management and Orchestration
- Edge Computing Best Practices and Use Cases, Experiences gained from recent Testbeds and Trials
Hosted and organized by:
Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31, 10589 Berlin, Germany
Dr.-Ing. Alexander Willner and Dr.-Ing. Florian Schreiner
Fraunhofer FOKUS, Heads of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Center