Francotyp-Postalia InovoLabs, Germany
- From Lisbon, Portugal
- Computer Science Engineer with MBA
- 15 years progressive experience
- Former Managing Director with software company Alojapro, wehre I led a business turnaround: from a internal services provider, inside a group, that was losing money, into a company that was able to win 100+ new Customers in first year
- Worked with several startups, including TimeCapsule as Founder
- Brings an entrepreneurial mindset, and startup tools and methods to IoT endeavour.
IoT Security Case Study: hardware-based secure data transmission from the device to cloud
IoT security is a critical issue to address when it comes to implement an Industrial IoT Project. In this session we will present a case study of a successful implementation of security measures for sensitive-data transmission from end devices to an IT infrastructure: 200.000+ smart devices worldwide transmitting securely money-value data, using the FIPS140-2 level 3 Hardware Security Module, since 15+ years. We will deep dive on the challenges and benefits of this technology. We will also present the standard FIPS140-2, and its focus on the secure transmission of sensitive data.