SDN at the Edges
Jan. 01, 2015 to Dec. 31, 2015
The overall goal of the activity is about accelerating the exploitation of SDN and NFV in order to produce business impacts (even in the short-medium term) at the edge of fixed networks (aggregation, access segments up to end Users premises) and in the access mobile networks (mobile backhaul and aggregation network).
Specifically, the activity will address three objectives towards “Softwarization”:
- Defining SDN requirements, validation procedures and best practices in order to specify the framework to establish a Certification Center for Business Acceleration of SDN,
- Deploying field-trials to develop and validate three main SDN use-cases (for home GW, for edge virtual services and for reliability in mobile backhaul);
- Defining and testing new business models (e.g. typical of ecosystems) supporting the transition towards Softwarization.
- Telecom Italia (lead)
- Politecnico di Torino, Acreo
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- SICS, Swedish Institute of Computer Science
- University of Bologna
- Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- Politecnico di Torino