Dr. rer. nat. Tom Ritter
Deputy Director FOKUS
+49 30 3463-7278
istock / vikif
ModelBus® - Version 2.0 Is Now Available for Download
News from July 27, 2016
The latest ModelBus® version 2.0 was released on the 22nd July 2016. ModelBus® as a tool integration platform enables the automation of development processes and supports the collaboration of the developers, e.g. by integration of development tools.
ModelBus® version 2.0 offers the following innovations:
Support for the newest Eclipse versions
for Eclipse Luna, Mars and Neon
ModelBus® Teamprovider, the support for Eclipse Papyrus now includes version 2.0.
Kepler and older Eclipse versions are no longer compatible
- On Mac OS the ModelBus® server is available with an Eclipse Mars or Neon base; Luna support had to be retired.
Integration of the Eclipse Communication Foundation (ECF)
- Implementation of the OSGi Remote Services and Remote Admin Services through the integration of ECF
- Provision of an ECF container that supports JAX-WS services and therefore offers more flexibility than the previously used CXF-DOSGi
Better support for standalone services
More standard compliancy
- More official JAX-WS APIs instead of providing a tailored CXF implementation and integration layer.
- Standard JAX-WS annotations are now used for the ModelBus® interaction pattern.
- Thereby ModelBus® 2.0 runs on a plain JDK by default without the need of an additional JAX-WS implementation.