ASCTAutomotive Services and Communication Technologies
E-HEALTHPlatforms and Solutions for Connected Healthcare
ELANElectronic Government and Applications
ESPRIElectronic Safety and Security Systems for the Public and Industries
FAMEFuture Applications and Media
IT4ENERGYSmart Metering & Energy Management
MOTIONModeling and Testing for System and Service Solutions
NGNINext Generation Network Infrastructures
Public Information Technology
QUESTEmbedded Systems Quality Management
RESCONResource Optimized Networks
Today’s system development processes are complex and distributed. Many different software tools are involved and typically many persons playing different roles take part in an active or passive position. The key problems faced are the lack of consistency of artifacts produced during the development process, the lack of automation, and the lack of interoperability between tools.
- ModelBus is a tool integration framework which is used to couple software tools used for software and system engineering.
- ModelBus bridges the gap between proprietary data formats and programming interfaces.
- ModelBus automates the execution of tedious and error prone development tasks such as consistency checking across the whole development lifecycle.
- ModelBus uses SOA and ESB principles and tools are connected to the Bus by provision of ModelBus adapters.
- ModelBus is an Open Source initiative.
- Eclipse: Topcased, Papyrus etc.
- IBM: DOORS, RSA, Rhapsody
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Matlab: Simulink, Stateflow
- Microsoft Office
- Transformation: ATL, QVT etc.
- Verification: OCL, Metrino etc.
- Testing: FOKUS!MBT etc.
- Code and document generation: MOFscript, M2T etc.
- Traceability: Traceino
HTTP, HTTPS, XMPP, CXF, JMS, SOAP
- Core Technologies:
Distributed OSGi, SVN, EMF
BPMN, BPEL, ODE
- Integration of software tools
- Construction of integrated & automated tool chains
- Support of collaboration of developers
- Based on Service-oriented Architecture
Further information at www.modelbus.org.