FOKUS Home Subscriber Server (FHoSS)
The Open Source IMS Core would be incomplete without a Home Subscriber Server. FOKUS developed an own prototype HSS, the FOKUS HSS (FHoSS) which is entirely written in Java and based upon Open Source software. The user data is kept inside a MySQL database. As its purpose in the Open Source IMS Core is that of a database, the FHoSS is targeted mainly towards conformance rather than performance. It is mostly a configurator for the Database Management System and the Diameter interfaces with the CSCFs and IMS application layer.
FOKUS Home Subscriber Server
Protocol checks and Diameter command logic are implemented in the FHoSS based upon FOKUS own Java based Diameter stack. The FHoSS allows the generation of authentication vectors and it provides a HTTP-based management interface for easy management of user profiles and associated iFCs.
FHoSS User Profile
FHoSS Trigger Point
Features of the HSS:
- support for the 3GPP Cx Diameter application
- support for the 3GPP Sh Diameter application
- support for the 3GPP Zh Diameter application
- integrated simple AuC functionality
- Java Diameter Stack implementation
- web-based management console