Fraunhofer FOKUS at the IFA 2012 – International Broadcasting Show in Berlin
At this year’s International Broadcasting Fair IFA in Berlin, Fraunhofer FOKUS will be demonstrating two specific subjects: “Multiscreen Entertainment” and “Future Urban Technologies”.
Visitors of the FOKUS’ exhibition booth will get an overview over the newest developments in the field of entertainment and consumer electronics for the media industry as well as for the private and public sector.
Visit Fraunhofer FOKUS at the joint stand for the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft!
Hall 11.1, Stand 10
Exhibition grounds in Berlin (Messegelände Berlin)
Messedamm 22, 14055 Berlin
31 August until 5 September, 2012
Multiscreen Entertainment - web technologies for interactive and cross-media entertainment
From smart TV to the smart phone to the tablet PC – newest web technologies and smart media services combine television and internet content, offer new opportunities to interact and to communicate in social networks.
- Browser-based DRM for DASH – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) is the upcoming streaming standard for the Web. We will be showing how DASH can be integrated with state of the art DRM solutions.
- The TV Predictor – based on the customers viewing behavior, the HbbTV compliant Smart TV itself tells us what the viewer is going to favor. Program recommendations will overlay the broadcasting signal and so the user will be assisted in finding the right content offer.
- Interactive and clickable videos for social networks – based on the non-linear video technology (NLV), interactive content is created and distributed through cloud based media services and social networks. NLV as a service brings clickable content to any type of device ranging from PCs, Smartphones, Tablets and Smart TVs.
- Zap and Shake – this web-based 2nd screen application shows how viewers can browse content on the TV in a new and intuitive way by using a mobile or tablet through gestures, shakes, taps of their mobile device and queries typed on the 2nd screen.
Future Urban Technologies - IT solutions for traffic information and public services
Fraunhofer FOKUS’ developments in the field of traffic information and public services provide smart city inhabitants with the right information at the right time.
- Public screens for public transportation – based on the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS), public screens and mobile apps for train, tram and bus stops in the public transport sector provide residents and tourists with real time data about timetable, delays and interruption of the transport service and inform about sightseeing spots nearby or public services like car sharing.
- Smart City Apps – these new social media based applications provide citizens with the opportunity to easily access administrative services in the areas energy, tourism and public space.
- Complete traffic information on TPEG basis – from weather conditions to the occupancy of parking lots, the coding standard TPEG (Transport Protocol Experts Group) provides complete traffic information from a wide range of data sources such as digital road signs.
Further Information at http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/fame/news_and_events/events/_ifa2012/index.html
Find more detailed info on the pages of the competence center FAME